Pages

Saturday 28 November 2015

My first appearance in a TV ad.


 That time I appeared in a commercial

Nope this picture wasn't taken out in the 70's and no I haven't lost my mind and tried to bring back orange bell bottoms pants (chest hair not included). This is me after being filmed in a segment of a television advertisement for Erin Farm Foods. I actually did the shoot back in October but I couldn't post about it until the ad was released.

It is now being shown on Trinidad and Tobago local television stations like CNC 3 and TV6, usually around 6pm to 9pm. I was pleasantly surprised that people recognized me in the ad because I am only on screen for a couple seconds.

I thought maybe I would not have even be featured in the final ad because we shot so many scenes and we knew that it would be chopped down to only 30 seconds of actual screen time.

The original concept is Christmas in Trinidad and Tobago over four decades (1970's, 80's, 90's and 2000's). I play a guy in the 1970's who just lost a heated card game, I am saddened by my misfortune but lo and behold my spirits are revamped when I am presented with a ham sandwich made from Erin Farm meats. All in all it took about 5 takes to get my scenes done but the entire shoot ran from around 10 am to 8 pm on a Sunday in San Fernando.

Who knows, this could be the start of a career in film for me, I mean anything could happen. Even if it isn't, I was really happy to get some experience on a film set and getting noticed on TV was really cool.
I must thank my good friends Tami and Jian for giving me this opportunity. I was very pleased also to have worked with Corinne, Jehan, Qadir, Johann, Dwane, Kai and Kyle.  All of whom I met for the first time on the day of the shoot. The vibes was so chill that everyone just gelled together and we did our thing. Also my fellow Trinidad and Tobago Theatre Workshop graduate Patrice appears in the family scene around the table, so proud.

If you want to check out the advertisement there are two versions please click here for Version 1 and here for Version 2. I am also sharing some behind the scene pictures of the set and the make up (yes I got make up and even got my hair styled). I mean really, how do you expect the orange pants to pop with out my hair did ? Do look out for the Erin Farm advertisement, it will run for the entire Christmas period on TV and thanks so much for checking out my blog.




2 comments: