Pages

Friday 4 December 2015

Collaboration 1 with SweetP's Treats : COOKIES AND MOVIES !

I met up with my good friend and fellow blogger Dominique Fernandes of SweetP's Treats to bake some cookies (check out and like her Facebook here). Anybody who knows me, knows that I have a sweet tooth, so....I WAS SO GAME FOR THIS !!!

We decided on cookies as a tribute to one of my favourite on screen bakers,  "Ana Pascal" played by the beautiful Maggie Gyllenhaal in the 2006 film "Stranger than Fiction".

"Stranger than Fiction" is a movie that I absolutely love. It tells the story of Harold Crick (played by Will Ferrell) who is an IRS agent living in an existence of constant routine. He counts every step he takes to the bus stop, he always brushes his teeth in the exact same way and he times every second of his life. His routine is miraculously shifted off course as he becomes a character in a story being written in real time by the novelist Karen Eiffel, played brilliantly by actress Emma Thompson.

What occurs is that Harold's life becomes random and he finally does the things that he longed to do in life but had previously suppressed during his mundane existence. Harold meets Ana, the baker who abandoned a career in law to open a cookie shop. The two of them make the most unlikely pair but you feel the sweetness of their quirky relationship when Harold presents Ana with a bunch of "FLOURS" in one cool scene. You need to see this movie. Click on the link below for the trailer.




















My experience with SweetP's Treats, believe it or not, was my first time baking cookies and Dominique made it quite a pleasant experience. Dominique's mom, her cousin Emilio and even my sister Shivana were all involved in our great "cookie experiment". Below are some pictures.

Dominique showed me how to properly grease the baking sheets.

A little flour on the sheets and we carefully spread it around.

Me, deep in concentration as I whipped the eggs, notice my hand in motion :)

Eggs in.

Evenly distributing the batter onto the sheets to avoid sticking together.

Into the Oven.

Cookies and Wine, A SUCCESS !!!

Thank you for reading my blog and do check out Dominique's own blog about our cookie collaboration here. Also do yourself a favour and see "Stranger than Fiction". THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

check out this bonus clip from the film that explains how important cookies are to LIFE :)

6 comments:

  1. Sweet! Now I need a cookie recipe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi click on this blog and you will get a great cookie recipe. http://dominiquesbakery.blogspot.com/2015/12/finale-collaboration-2.html

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and enjoyed the pictures as a guide which will now help me make cookies the proper way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I am so glad that you enjoyed it :)

      Delete
  4. Stranger than Fiction was a great movie; and yes God bless the cacao bean and all its wonderful uses and accompanying fellow desserts:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stranger Than Fiction is a brilliant film indeed and yes my friend God Bless the Cacao bean, we have some of the best in Trinidad and Tobago. Thank you so much for your comment.

      Delete