Pages

Sunday 6 December 2015

Collaboration 2 with "It Starts Here". RANTING and THE FUTURE OF FILM in T&T.

OUR RANT IS STRONG !!!

My FILM "n" TT blogging journey led me to work with one of the coolest peeps ever, Ms. Sharia Sammy. 

Sharia and I have been in several classes in COSTAATT  together but until now, we had never collaborated before.

Sharia's Vlog is called "It Starts Here" and you can link to her Facebook page here.  Her original concept is doing a RANT on different issues in her personal life, society or on anything actually.

We decided upon doing a short interview about Trinidad and Tobago's art scene, film industry, our local talents, sourcing of grants for films and we also spent a little time talking about the Erin Farm Christmas commercial that I recently appeared in. She made me feel like a real "celebrity". You can see the entire interview by clicking on the link to the top left.

You can also see the Erin Farm Christmas commercial below and the now "infamous" orange bell bottom pants accessorized by the chest hair. 


I mentioned a Trinidadian born, Los Angeles based film director named Shaun Escayg and his 2012 short film "Fish" in our Vlog. Shaun Escayg has worked as a visual effect artist on films such as Transformers "Dark Side of the Moon", "Outlander" and "Scott Pilgrim vs The World". The movies he has directed is breaking new ground for local cinema and you can check out his website, link to the "Fish Facebook Page ", read a review of the film by the LA Times  and also click the video below to see the entire film.



I thought it would be really cool to tie in RANTING and FILM together for our collaboration and as you know there have been many great Rants captured on screen over the years. I found one video from WatchMojo.com YouTube's page that I must share. 

WatchMojo makes these incredible list videos that usually rank things from "Top Ten Animated Disney Villians" to "Top Ten Arcade Game of the 1980's " and other randoms. It is really cool and addictive, I love a top ten or top five list so I spent hours on their page.

They did a really great list called TOP TEN MOVIE RANTS that I highly recommend. My favourite was "I'm Mad as Hell" from the 1976 film "Network" that ranked at number 5.  Click on the video below to see it the whole list.

Thank you for supporting my blog, please feel free to comment (rant if you want to) and do share this blog if you like it. THANKS.

  

7 comments:

  1. Shiv is an awesome friend and very talented in the film arena. I see him moving mountains for Trinidad and Tobago in the film industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was a very informative and entertaining read :D thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shivan Sash is really knowledgeable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks so much Elizabeth :). Really appreciate the support !!!

      Delete
  4. Great video and to think I saw when it was done. Great job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had the unique position of seeing the interview first hand. Thanks for the compliments :)

      Delete